Roy Gunter is an accomplished entrepreneur and executive whose more than 20 years of experience spans wireless, Internet and High Tech industry sectors. Roy has a solid record of building multimillion dollar operations in the U.S. and U.K. from start-up companies to running large multinational corporations across infrastructure, device manufacturing, semiconductor, wireless network operator and Internet services & content provider. As a senior executive of global corporations Roy was the driving force in launching and guiding companies including Nokia Mobile Phones Wireless Data Division, Siemens Networks into leading providers in the U.S., as well as launching Pacific Bell's (now AT&T) PCS business and expanding market share in California & Nevada. He was also instrumental in guiding Sirific in their early days. Roy has also been an successful entrepreneur, having founded Qflicks, a delivery platform of media content in the UK which he successful sold to LoveFilm, a division of Amazon.
Roy has also served on the advisory boards of several start-up companies, helping direct the companies from seed to the eventual acquisition. Roy's extensive experience in building businesses on both sides of the Atlantic is invaluable as Mobility Ventures' portfolio companies begin to market technologies and products, and look for partnering opportunities in the UK and Europe.
Industry History and Accomplishments
Qflicks, CEO & Founder
- Founded and grew pioneering video distribution and streaming platform business into one of the premiere websites in the UK.
- Successfully sold business to LoveFilms a leading movie distributor (owned by Amazon).
Sirific Wireless Corporation, CEO
- Led a start-up developing a multi-standard, single chip for wireless devices.
Siemens Wireless Infrastructure, Siemens Information and Communication Networks, Vice President and General Manager
- Developed and managed all North American business activity including development, systems, customer service, sales, and marketing.
- His work established the company as a major player in the North American wireless market.
Pacific Bell Mobile Services (PBMS), Vice President of Business Development (acquired by SBC now part of AT&T)
- Built the wireless business, including the launch of wireless networks and retail strategies.
Nokia Mobile Phones
- Established wireless data business in the Americas, leading them to dominance of the U.S. wireless market.